Friday, August 19, 2011

Home

   ABOUT ME AND MY BLOG
Republic India 1 Rupee 1972 Proof
Dear Friends, Thanks for visiting my Blog.
I am Dimple Kalsi from Ludhiana, Punjab. Well i am Numismatist and Coin collector since 1995 having more than 4000 coins in my collections. Also a member of Numismatic Society Ludhiana. My favorite are Republic India Coins bcz it's easy to find for new collectors. India became independent on 15 August 1947 and was left with a legacy of non-decimal coinage. One rupee was divided into 16 annas or 64 pice, with each anna therefore equal to 4 pice. In 1957, India shifted to the decimal system, but for a short period both decimal and non-decimal coins were in circulation. To distinguish between the two pice, the coins minted between 1957 and 1964 have the legend "Naya Paisa" ("new" paisa). The denominations in circulation were 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50 (naya)paise and one rupee which remained as the same pre-decimal value. Therefore pre-decimal coins of one, half and quarter rupees could remain in circulation after decimalisation. See below #Coin series. The word "naya" was dropped in 1964. In this year a new denomination the 3 paise was introduced and in 1968 a 20 paise coin was minted Both these coins however did not gain much popularity. The 1, 2 and 3 paise coins were phased out gradually in the 1970s. In 1982 a new coin, 2 rupees, was introduced as an experiment to replace 2 rupee notes. The 2 rupee coin was not minted again till 1990, after which it was minted every year. Stainless steel coinage of 10, 25 and 50 paise, was introduced in 1988 and in 1992, a new rupee coin was minted. This coin was smaller and lighter than the older rupee and was also made of stainless steel. In 1992, a 5 Rupees Cupronickel coin was introduced. In 2006, 10 Rupees coin was minted for the first time. The higher denomination coins were introduced due to increasing demand for change and increasing cost of printing 2, 5 and 10 rupees banknotes.
Mughal Coin Humayun 1530-56
Other hand i also have interest in Ancient, Medivel and British India Coins. The history of India begins with evidence of human activity of Homo sapiens as long as 75,000 years ago, or with earlier hominids including Homo erectus from about 500,000 years ago. The Indus Valley Civilization, which spread and flourished in the northwestern part of the Indian subcontinent from c. 3300 to 1300 BCE, was the first major civilization in India. A sophisticated and technologically advanced urban culture developed in the Mature Harappan period, from 2600 to 1900 BCE. This Bronze Age civilization collapsed before the end of the second millennium BCE and was followed by the Iron Age Vedic Civilization, which extended over much of the Indo-Gangetic plain and which witnessed the rise of major polities known as the Mahajanapadas. In one of these kingdoms, Magadha, Mahavira and Gautama Buddha were born in the 6th or 5th century BCE and propagated their śramanic philosophies. Almost all of the subcontinent was conquered by the Maurya Empire during the 4th and 3rd centuries BCE. It subsequently became fragmented, with various parts ruled by numerous Middle kingdoms for the next 1,500 years. This is known as the classical period of Indian history, during which India has sometimes been estimated to have had the largest economy of the ancient and medieval world, controlling between one third and one fourth of the world's wealth up to the 18th century. Much of northern and central India was once again united in the 4th century CE, and remained so for two centuries thereafter, under the Gupta Empire. This period, witnessing a Hindu religious and intellectual resurgence, is known among its admirers as the "Golden Age of India". During the same time, and for several centuries afterwards, southern India, under the rule of the Chalukyas, Cholas, Pallavas, and Pandyas, experienced its own golden age. During this period, aspects of Indian civilization, administration, culture, and religion (Hinduism and Buddhism) spread to much of Asia. The southern state of Kerala had maritime business links with the Roman Empire from around 77 CE. Islam was introduced in Kerala through this route by Muslim traders. Muslim rule in the subcontinent began in 712 CE when the Arab general Muhammad bin Qasim conquered Sindh and Multan in southern Punjab,[1] setting the stage for several successive invasions from Central Asia between the 10th and 15th centuries CE, leading to the formation of Muslim empires in the Indian subcontinent such as the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughal Empire. Mughal rule came to cover most of the northern parts of the subcontinent. Mughal rulers introduced Middle Eastern art and architecture to India. In addition to the Mughals and various Rajput kingdoms, several independent Hindu states, such as the Vijayanagara Empire, the Maratha Empire, and the Ahom Kingdom, flourished contemporaneously in southern, western, and northeastern India respectively. The Mughal Empire suffered a gradual decline in the early 18th century, which provided opportunities for the Afghans, Balochis, Sikhs, and Marathas to exercise control over large areas in the northwest of the subcontinent until the British East India Company gained ascendancy over South Asia.[2] Beginning in the mid-18th century and over the next century, India was gradually annexed by the British East India Company. Dissatisfaction with Company rule led to the Indian Rebellion of 1857, after which India was directly administered by the British Crown and witnessed a period of both rapid development of infrastructure and economic decline.
Your creative suggestions, criticism are cordially invited for the improvement of the matter furnished in this blog.
If you wish to contact me on any matter:
My Email Id is: dimplecoins1@gmail.com
and my cell number is 09872986925
Thanx once again.

56 comments:

  1. I have 75 to 80 old coin I want to sell all coins if u interested to by my coins so I mention my contact no 7625803474

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanna buy them where are you from. And which coins do you have

      Delete
  2. I have 75 to 80 old coin I want to sell all coins if u interested to by my coins so I mention my contact no 7625803474

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have old coins of british era and i want to sell them if interested leave a reply here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have old coins 1943 1944 ad if u wanna buy contact me 9915237140

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Baba Nanak Mariana and Bala ola coin I want sale call me 6280646845

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have ram laxman and sita mata coin. i want sale it
    call me 6239752880

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have old coins
    I want sale it Sir
    Please call me sir 6280664917

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Ancient Coins
      Hobby clues provide you various different type of ancient coins. You can buy or sell all the ancient coins that you have. If it is a rare coin then a coin collector will be able to give you a good price for it. You can check your coin prize and just put it on our website to sell. The buyers will contact you. Just visit @ http://hobbyclues.in/

      Delete
  8. I sell my old coins and note. I have four deer. .and mahatma gandhi five rupees note.9814590035

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sir for sale coin silver 1918 one rupees 7009978927

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a collection of old currency coins that includes some coins from 1960s some evwn more older

    Anyone interested in buying give me a call at. 7009090058

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this blog and you can buy or sell old Indian coins and notes

    Ancient Coins | sell antiques online

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can we talk I have few coins rare coins for sale

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have coin of sat kartar 1804 i want to sell it if u are interested then contact me @8426032830

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have hundreds of old coins from 1857 to 1957. Buyer call me at 9872392187

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have some old and rare coins and notes.I want to sell it.Please call me 8427710599

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have 20 old silver coins, 1903 se 1919 tak year wale,pls call me 8360623619

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maine old coin sell krnae aa mobile no 9872724180 name Surjit

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have east india coins i want to sell them cntc no 7973616201

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have east india company half Anna guru Nanak Dev ji photo 7347504035

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have east india company half Anna guru Nanak Dev ji photo 7347504035

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mere pass purane note or coins hai

      Delete
    2. I want to buy my old onr rupee note 1976 contact no.9814474464

      Delete
    3. I want to buy my old onr rupee note 1976 contact no.9814474464

      Delete
  22. i have old 1835 coins, 1 anna coin ,and arabic coin , other indian coins .
    i have total 23 coins old.
    Cont me .taufiqlohar899@gmail.com
    9764620187

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mere pass 5 note hay 1 Rupay Kay manmohan Singh Kay

    25 pese bhi hay

    500 or 50 ka note jismay ooooo1 hay ..mene sale krnay hay ...contact no ..9478617423 / 9814517423

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hlo
    I. Have many old british indian coins
    Nd indian currency
    Some couns re
    157 years old
    123 years old
    101 years old
    100 years old
    99 years old
    Also i have many
    1, 2, 5, 10 paisa
    Nd old 5 rupess big size notes
    Nd u i have rare square type coin
    Maximum 100+ years old

    Contact me
    9501810055 watsaap no.
    8360183612
    Call...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi I have coin set which has 100 rs coin and 20 rs coin of 1985 made up of silver nickel copper,they are Indira Gandhi commemorative uncirculated coins.are u interested in having them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Want to sell old indian coins and holy notes 786

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have all coin and notes cotact me 9855365182

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want 20,50& 100 rupee coin.
      How much price of set?

      Delete
  28. i want sell 1 rupees note manmohan singh signature wala contact 7347276006

    ReplyDelete
  29. I want to sell 3 coins of veishno Devi and 5rs.coin of RBI platinum jayanti

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to sell my coins that r rare.i you want more info about this college pls WhatsApp on 6239075038.

    ReplyDelete
  31. We are urgently in need of Kidney donors with the sum of $500,000.00,WHATSAP: +91 9108256518
    Email: : customercareunitplc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have MORE THAN 100 old coin I want to sell all coins if u are interested to buy coins please contact me on my mobile no. 7009558282

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mere pass hai old coin sike and note contact my no 7009597571

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have old coins collection and want to sell. contect me on 9915550088

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have old coins collection more then 200 and want to sell. contect me on 7658819287

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dear Sir/Madam,
    Help us make more transplant possible!
    Are you seeking an opportunity to donate your kidney due to financial breakdown? Here we offer financial reward to interested donors and best care after surgery. Please donate and encourage others to sign up for organ and tissue donation. Kindly contact us at: kidneyliverin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear Sir/Madam,
    Help us make more transplant possible!
    Are you seeking an opportunity to donate your kidney due to financial breakdown? Here we offer financial reward to interested donors and best care after surgery. Please donate and encourage others to sign up for organ and tissue donation. Kindly contact us at: kidneyliverin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  39. Dear Customers,
    Expert Funding Inc.Is sure-funding solutions that offer all types of large/small business loans and personal loans for home renovation and debt consolidation from $5,000 to $250,000 or more. with an affordable interest rate of 2%/ No early or late repayment penalties, 24 to 48 hours approval. Contact us via Email: expertfundinginfo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Help us make more transplants possible!
    We are urgently in need of kidney donors in LS foundation center, to help patients who face life time dialysis problem unless they under go Kidney Transplant. Here we offer financial rewards to interested donors. For more details contact us via Email: kidneylivertc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  41. Thank you for giving us the greatest information about the Hindu medieval coins theYour blog benefits people who want to know about the historical Hindu medieval coins.

    Rare Coins and Bank Notes of India | Hindu medieval coins | silver coins | East India coins |copper coins | King George coins.

    ReplyDelete